WIT Search

Friday 14 March 2014

WIT mama Friday: Slip on trainers, the perfect (cool) mum shoe


Maje jumper, Ray Ban sunglasses, Seven jeans, KG shoes
I recently gave into a totally new type of shoe: slip on trainers. I say gave in because it actually took a little bit of convincing as I'm not really a trainers girl. Lots of designers have embraced this style, from Jimmy Choo to Givenchy giving it a cool modern edge. I must admit that worn with rolled up denim or a summer dress it makes the perfect off duty shoe (sooo comfortable!), these last few weeks it's all I've been wearing while running after Greta at the week end. My advice would be to stick to monochrome or animal print to start with and pair with your best denim and jersey - here are my favourite styles available online.






8 comments:

I won't wear sludge brown said...

I'm obsessing about these, 18 year old daughter hates them but she'll come round. A pair will be purchased shortly. You look great in yours x

Unknown said...

I'm starting to think I may need a pair of these. Usually any hyped-up shoe trend that comes along I avoid like the plague, but these ... well, they just look SO COMFY. And pretty chic, as trainers go.

Helen.by.instyle said...

I am awaiting the arrival of mine. I have chosen the print from Elia B via Baukjen. I fear I may look like a golf club in them but I really want them to work. X

bean22 said...

Do you think the maje jumper is still available? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Love this look, great style.

RICHA S said...

love ur effortlessly chic style... drop by my blog http://lets-doll-up.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

M&S have a version of these for £20 or so in leopard print and monochrome lace. Perfect dupe at a fraction of the cost. So comfy!

mauishopgirl said...

The Jimmy Choos are great. We call them skater shoes in the US. I'm a new reader/subscriber and love your style. I dress similar, tomboy with a shot of luxe but at night I do the hippie/boho thing (I live on Maui and it feels very strange to be too dressed up/conservative in the evening, it's more of a Free People vibe). I don't read very many fashion blogs anymore because they started to annoy me a bit but I suspect yours will merely inspire me to work with pieces I already have.

WIT said...

Thank you for all your comments! (sadly Maje jumper not available any longer) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...