WIT Search

Tuesday 10 September 2013

The WIT Bag edit

Where I absolutely love, buy and wear high street clothes regularly, you will rarely see me carrying a bag that's not designer. Maybe for the exception of a fun clutch or a beach bag, I would rather save up and invest in something of a) good quality b) I am proud to wear and c) will treasure forever.  I really think that a bag is for life and my small collection has yet to prove me wrong as I cyclically wear them all: my black YSL Muse and Muse 2, my navy Chanel 2.55 and my cherry Red Smythson Emily being some of my favourites. 

YSL Muse 2, Chanel 2.55, YSL Muse, Smythson Emily
Whilst I wait for my 40th birthday to receive the Hermes Constance bag (8 more years to go.. ugh!), I'm on the market for a new bag and have had a fab time coming up with this hit list. This years bags are all about clean lines, minimal logos and chic colour palettes so they make the perfect investment buy.  Don't be afraid to try a colour too, especially if you already own a few black bags (I love the YSL Cabas bag in a bright red). A gorgeous hand bag that I've had my eye on for a while is the Philip Lim Pashly, I would love it in a soft grey.

However this season, after much research, I decided to invest in a classic day clutch, which ironically I didn't already own. I chose the super discreet Jil Sander envelope clutch (above). It's made it's way in this weeks "Investmen classics" themed Star Buys in the black version and, in navy, at number seven in my hit list below.

1) Saint Laurent The Shopping leather tote £1,100
2) Saint Laurent Lulu leather cross body bag £1,075
3)Saint Laurent Cabas Classique Y medium leather tote £1,540
4) Sophie Hulme Mini envelope clutch £295
5) 3.1 Phillip Lim The Pashli large shark-embossed leather trapeze bag £805
 6)Whistles Stevie Double Croc Clutch  £150.00
7) Jil Sander Envelope zip pouch £310
8) ALEXANDER WANG 'Lia' satchel £662.6
9) Marc by Marc Jacobs Blizznezz small leather shoulder bag £175

6 comments:

lizzie said...

ooh, love the idea of an expensive handbag in a statement colour! the Saint Laurant Cabas is beaut, trust me to pick the most expensive one on your list! x


lizzarroo.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love, love, love all of these purses! I wish I wasn't in college and on ramen noodle budget :(. One day...

Unknown said...

I love, love, love all these purses! I wish I wan't in college and on a ramen noodle budge :(. One day...

Lisag said...

I have the same belief and am currently working out what my next investment purchase will be, I'm thinking the Saint Laurent Small Sac Du Jour in red or black. Love your list, thanks.

Anonymous said...

looove the Sophie Hulme in red

joannarama.blogspot.co.uk

caia coconi said...



your collection is gorgeous, but why no one italian choice in this selection? I lost my sleep for a Fendi... soon or later...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...